There are two great Johannesburg-based events during the month of March dedicated to the self-published author.
I will be attending both events and hope to meet you there!
The first is the Indie Book Fair, on the 20 & 21 of March, held in Randburg.
This event is the brain child of the non-profit organisisation African Narratives.
It has the backing of the Government and promises to be a great event for authors, featuring the following guest speakers;
- David Harrison, CEO DG Murray Trust
- Shafinaaz Hassim, Author and independent publisher
- Zenele Mthembu,Chief Director in Gauteng Education
- Richard Beynon, Author of ‘AllAboutWriting’
The second event is the SAIRBookfest held Roodepoort on March 28th.
The founder of the event is local author - Carlyle Labuschagne
The event also has a great pick of guest speakers, including;
- Janet Wallace, Creator of UtopYAcon
- Gareth Crocker, Writer and filmmaker
- David Robbins, Award winning author and Publisher