I wanted to personally welcome you to the MYeBook self-publishing process!
My name is Dave and I founded our startup back in 2012 when the publishing industry was in the midst of digital upheaval. I noticed that whilst the digital shift in publishing had taken hold in other continents, Africa had yet to benefit from the self-publishing revolution. My goal from that day forward became to empower authors, poets and industry professionals to make the world of the eBook a less scary one.
Over the last 5 years my team and I have been lucky enough to help thousands of writers from across the globe, realise their goals. By providing professional publishing assistance aimed at our brave, aspiring authors, we have pulled a distant industry within the reach of the average self-publishing author-preneur.
I am so excited to be able to help you. I am look forward to publishing your (polished) book - together. See you on the shelves of Amazon!
Dave - Founder of MYeBook.co.za
What we don't do.
We are not a free service. We are a digital startup passionate about empowering authors to self-publish. We need to charge fees and turn a profit to be able to help more authors.
We don't traditionally publish. This means that all our services are once-off charges. No commissions will be taken from your royalties. You earn everything. You also own all copyright on material we help you create.
We won't critique your manuscript. This is a job of a good editor. We help every author to create the most professional book possible. Period.
Most of our business is conducted online. Due to the amount of authors we help, we cannot meet every author in person. We specialise in creating and publishing eBooks - This is a process that is ideally suited to digital conversation.
Help us help you.
Do your homework before getting hold of us.
- Visit our pricing page.
- Read our FAQ pages.
- Know what help you need. We can help you with many different publishing and marketing processes. It really helps us if you have done some research here before getting hold of us.
- Read over this list of the most commonly-made mistakes self-publishing authors make. Here is a second article on publishing-related mistakes.
- Know the traits of a successful author.
- Treat communication with us in a professional manner. No Whatsapp. Do not bombard us with email either.
Step 1: Have your manuscript ready in the right format.
- We prefer your manuscript to be sent in MS Word, Adobe InDesign or PDF (only if you don’t have the first two formats).
- Authors who are using older software like Quark Express will need to export the manuscript into a common format such as PDF for us to work with.
- Please note that although we can make eBooks using your PDF manuscript this takes us longer and will attract a surcharge.
- Larger files can be shared with us using services like Dropbox, Google Drive or WeTransfer.
Step 2: Calculate your publishing investment.
Step 3: Make first contact through our contact us page.
- Fully complete our contact form. Give us as much detail as possible about the help you need.
- Make sure to attach your (MS Word) manuscript file to the contact form.