Cover Design for both eBook and paperback
Your eBook cover offers potential buyers a look into the proverbial soul of your eBook. You spent weeks, if not months, writing the manuscript, so don't waste all those precious hours by using an eBook cover that is not of the highest standard.
Examples of our cover designs for some of our self-publishing authors - like them?
You've heard the saying “A picture paints a thousand words”? Well that is literally what your eBook cover does. A quality eBook cover is designed using high quality fonts and images that easily convey the essence (and genre) of your book. It creates an emotional connection and makes the reader want to buy. Your cover is your first impression, make sure you put your best foot forward.
There are specific aspects that you should consider when it comes to designing your cover. Also remember that an eBook cover differs subtly from the standard printer-friendly versions in that every sales portal (such as Amazon) has very specific dimension and quality specifications.
We can design just a simple yet elegant cover image for your eBook. When you are ready our designers can easily add a spine, back-cover and ISBN with barcode to make sure your cover is ready for the printers :)
We offer a simple book cover package that caters for authors who know exactly what they want who don't need too much guidance. We then also offer and upgraded advanced book cover package that cater for authors who need help with defining the cover concept and who will need be needing multiple stock images.
At MYeBook, all our covers are designed to professional standards and are fully compatible with Amazon's Createspace PoD service.
Why use MYeBook to design your cover?
- Our Covers use a minimum image quality of 300 DPI.
- We ensure quality with careful use of contrasting colours and fonts our cover designs retain their impact when viewed at smaller sizes as viewed online.
- Our covers are designed to be accepted in all major eBook stores, including Amazon, Apple iBookstore, Kobo and Barnes and Noble.
- You own the cover design artwork, not us!
- Short turn-around-time, the first draft typically will take us 7 working days to complete.
- We are always just a phone call away.
- Visit the Amazon eBook store and see what is currently selling in your genre.
- Find a cover concept you like from Book Cover Archive.
- Visit our free design resources page for stock images, online design tools and free to use fonts.
What to avoid?
Wondering what you should be avoiding when it comes to cover design?
Have a look at the following website dedicated to the visually unappealing choice of some authors. Do you think you would spend money, buying these eBooks?
eBook covers are really just images of the front cover, fairly quick to design. If you also need a print version of your cover then the information we need from you is increased somewhat.
For example, let's say you wanted your paperback to reach readers around the world, without having to spend an arm and a leg. We could help you to create a cover that would work perfectly with Amazon's Print on Demand arm called Createspace. I would recommend that you spend some time reading through our post on the PoD service Createspace.
Then assemble all the information beforehand, things like:
- Cover Trim Size, (for example, 6" x 9")
- Paper type? (White/ Cream)
- Preferred cover finish (Matte/ Glossy)
- Text for the back-cover
- ISBN number